1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

volume automation problem

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by dwdavedw, Oct 21, 2013.

1. dwdavedw

dwdavedw New Member

I have a session of audio tracks, volume is jumping up to max at random
    points in the track, happening on several tracks, putting a new node in
    brings it back to where it should be, but happens randomly further along the
    track. Tried deleting all automation from the track, problem re-occurs.
    Any ideas?
    Doesn't happen with automation turned off, keeps steady volume.
    Doesn't seem to affect any other automation - have reverb and eq automation,
    all seems to work fine, except volume.
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

How are you deleting your automation? It seems you still have some happening that you are not seeing.

If you haven't already, try using this menu command to make sure all automation is deleted:

Attached Files:

4. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

This will delete the all automation on that track - where the reverb and EQ are OK regarding the OP. There are a few methods to delete a given automation definition. For example:
    1. Open the Automation Event List (There is a key command for that).
    2. Select any Control Change # 7 (this is the volume), use the "Edit" command "Select Similar" or the correspondent key command to select all CC7 and delete.
    Another alternative is to do that in Automation View (Main Window) mode and show/select/delete the Volume TBA nodes only.

There is one more "Batch" alternative if you have to process lots of tracks. If you have any interest I can outline it...
  5. dwdavedw

dwdavedw New Member

OK, I can't get to the automation event list - the key command opens evernote, won't work within logic, even if evernote is quit. urg. is there another way
    to open hidden windows like that without having to make a new key command?
    Anyway, I had already tried by deleting all automation for the track, that didn't work, then did the delete all automation as you suggested, played the track for
    about a 1:50, thought it was all set, then it popped up again, volume went up
    to max level at random point - played it from the beginning again, and happened
    about 10 sec into the track, so it's random. I looked in the inspector - even though the track header is set to automation, the inspector was showing flex
    mode as on, I turned flex mode off in the inspector, so far 2 times thru the track
    it has not re-occurred.
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Is there any MIDI CC automation in any of the regions? Any MIDI Draw (used to be called hyperdraw)? Have you tried looking in an event list to see if there is CC data there that is unintended?