Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Volume Full' error

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Fusion Head, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

I am having a problem in which Logic Pro X continually gives me a 'Volume XXX Full' error. It happens after running okay for a while, then I click Play or Record and I get the error. There seems no way to clear this fault, and therefore I am forced to shut down Logic, restart it, then it works again for a while, but soon I get the same error. I am not sure if this is consistent, but it seems to happen when I am moving the playhead location around to different places to listen to different spots in recorded tracks. I am running new (late 2013) Mac Pro with Logic audio files located on an external Thunderbolt drive with over 1 TB of free space. Any ideas for solving this issue?

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

What kind of drive, regular or SSD.
    How much ram?
    What kind of material (MIDI/audio) are you using in your project?
    If using sampler (such as Kontakt), are the samples streamed from the disk or fully loaded into ram?

4. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

I have late 2013 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core, with 16 GB RAM, internal 512 GB SSD, and external Caldigit T3 RAID system with 3 x 2 TB HDD connected by Thunderbolt. The internal SSD contains Logic and all other apps, and also contains all EXS samples. The external drives are configured so that two of them run as a mirrored Data drive for all Logic audio track data (the third single drive is used for separate TimeMachine backup).
    In the particular projects I am seeing this 'Volume Full' error appear, I am only running audio tracks, there are no sampler instruments active.

5. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

6. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Also, run DiskWarrior if you have it, from another boot drive. Could be your Directory needs to be rebuilt.