1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volume too low on recording track

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by jkwhite, Mar 1, 2015.

1. jkwhite

jkwhite New Member

I have Logic Pro X with a Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 interface. The issue I am experiencing is when I record (whether through a mic or direct from an instrument) the volume through the the monitors or headphones is extremely low compared to that of the previously recorded tracks. However the recorded volume of the track is very loud, determined both by the level meter and from listening to it on playback. Any ideas what may be going on? Thanks a lot for any advice.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Check in your general audio preference for "Independant monitoring level for record-enabled channel strips” checkbox: Allows the use of an independent monitoring level for record-enabled audio channel strips. This is off by default. After record-enabling a track, you can adjust the fader to the level you like. The original level will be restored when you deselect the Record Enable button.
    Note: Adjustments to the fader do not affect the recording level; they only affect the monitoring level.

Also it could be worthwhile checking the Set channel strip volume levels... It implies the use of different levels with key commands