1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier VST 2.4 Support for Logic Platinum 5.5

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by Energise, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Energise

Energise New Member

Hi,
    I have been trying to install audiorealism bassline 2 into Logic Platinum 5.5, but no sound comes out at all. I have found out that Logic Platinum 5.5 only supports up to VST2.3 and ABL2 is VST 2.4. Is there anything I can do? Is there any VST 2.4 upgrades available? I dont like cubase and I cant afford to get a Mac just to over come this.

Thanks

Energise

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I very much doubt that anything can be done - there certainly won't be any changes to Logic 5.x, the only solution would be if the plugin developer would recode, but epecting that to accomodate a program that was discontinued over 6 years ago would be wildly optimistic.

kind regards

Mark

4. Energise

Energise New Member

Thanks for your reply. I managed after much searching to find a 2.3 version of the program i was looking for. It works perfectly. I can still see this being a problem in the future though. Im going to have to change to mac at some point cause logic is my sequencer of choice and logic 8 looks amazing. Logic 5 is fully capable but i can see more and more problems will arise in the future.

5. Markdvc

Logic 9 is now released, but you should check as to whether you can upgrade from Logic 5 to 9.

kind regards

Mark

6. Energise

Energise New Member

I would just buy logic 8 or 9. 5 is an old version on PC, Im pretty sure Apple wouldnt have an upgrade. If they did it wouldnt be much of a saving.

7. Markdvc

Actually, the upgrade from Logic 5 to 8 was 199 USD/euro. I am unsure as to whether the current 199 Upgrade to Logic 9 is valid for Logic 5 but this would be worth your while checking, it is less than half the price for the full version of Logic 9.

kind regards

Mark

8. Energise

Energise New Member

Thanks for the info, I will have to look into it. Sounds like a bargin if I can get it.