1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waveburner update

Discussion in 'Legacy Logic Studio Applications' started by Colin Shapiro, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

For all LUG members:
    There's an update to Waveburner - 1.6.1:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL956

WaveBurner 1.6.1 release notes

• Resolves an issue where Mastering Notes were not saved with WaveBurner documents.
    • WaveBurner no longer quits unexpectedly if Auto Render is running when a disc is burned.
    • Changes to settings in AudioUnit plug-ins are now reliably maintained.
    • It is now possible to enter a 12-digit UPC/EAN code.
    • WaveBurner no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly if "Revert to saved" is used while a project is rendering.
    • Changes to automation curves edited during playback are now immediately audible.
    • The checkbox for the option to Save Rendering Data in the WaveBurner preferences is now accessible.
    • WaveBurner now reliably adapts the GUI accurately for AudioUnit plug-ins that support resizing.
    • The mix lane now updates immediately to reflect changes when working at or near the sample level.
    • Automation now reliably remains in sync with audio when projects are bounced or burned.
    • Exported DDP images now include the UPC/EAN code.

3. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

"12-digit UPC/EAN code" Cool, I've only been waiting for this feature since WaveBurner first emerged.

DDP support was the only other thing missing from WaveBurner. I love this program now! There is no better mastering software, period.

4. charlie

charlie Senior member

Hey Alien, ;)
    Just for my own education, do you actually Master in WB as opposed to mastering in Logic? If so, what are the advantages?

Thanks in advance!

5. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

no real difference. same plugins. you get more automation options in Logic, of course. Honestly, these days, I generally do the effects processing in different tracks of Logic, then export and burn in WaveBurner for trimming, track sequencing and spacing or crossfading between tracks. WB is a kick-ass burn program. The best there is. My last project was an instructional audio CD. I edited the whole thing in Logic. Set up markers to indicate track start points. Exported as SD2 format. Imported into WB parsing markers as track splits, and voila: filled out the remaining CD text data (markers auto-populated all the track names) and hit burn. So kewl!

6. Janne

Janne Member

I recently did a live CD and I mixed and "mastered" each track individually with a common plugin chain on the output. When satisfied with each track, I bounced it without the "mastering chain" to 24 bit w/o any dithering.
    Then I could easily put together the show in WB and make very nice transitions between the tracks and then applied a similar chain of mastering plugs that I had used as "target" when I mixed. And then just add some extra polish on top...

It was the first time I really made full use of WB and it was a joy to use.