Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Waveforms Don't Save

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by bkirsh, Nov 15, 2010.

1. bkirsh

bkirsh New Member

This is one I haven't experienced before. I just created a project for mixing from files that were recorded live. I'm using Logic 9.1.2.

What occurs is that each time I open the song the waveforms need to write again. There are no waveforms showing when the song opens even though the song was saved prior to closing it.

The only variable I can see in my operation is that the files used are 48k and I've been working with 96k files almost exclusively. Could it be some setting that remains on from the 96k setup?

Thanks for any ideas.

Bernie

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

How are the permissions on the files set?

4. bkirsh

bkirsh New Member

Pete,

The file permissions are set to read & write.

These files were obtained from someone else, so I see where you're going with this. However, I seem to have the necessary permissions.

Thanks.

Bernie

5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I can't think what is causing this, I have had occasional redraws.

If the permissions are all OK, the next thing I would try is to do a copy/convert so the new copies have actually been created in the project. I would put a very small sum of money on that fixing the issue, but still without knowing the cause, hope somebody more knowledgeable comes along soon...

6. zerobeat

zerobeat Senior member

One of the following is typically the problem.

1) The permission at some level of the filepath (say, an enclosing folder) isn't set to read/write, or it's locked. This is often the case when stuff is copied from WORM media [Write Once, Read Many) like CD or DVD.

2) You need to Fix Permissions (Applications folder > Utilities > Disk Utility)