Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X We found a great way to control sampler instrument articulations

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by babylonwaves, Jun 19, 2015.

1. babylonwaves

babylonwaves New Member

Hi guys -

We’ve developed an addition for Logic Pro X which allows you to change articulations of (orchestra) AU instruments in a intuitive way: You just draw them into the timeline. The articulations show up with their real names and become a simply automation overlay.
    Our top priority was to design something easy, something that doesn't get in the way of a musician and doesn't require programming skills when setting up.
    Art Conductor supports Note based key switching (that's what's needed in most cases), switching by channels (for East West users and others) and we have a special version for Spitfire instrument users and Vienna Symphony Instruments.
    We also include loads of templates so you can just start working.

Have a look how it works in this little video:

I'm really interested in what you think about that.

Best, Marc

--------------------
    Art Conductor: The Articulation switcher for Logic Pro X
    Check out the details at: http://www.babylonwaves.com

[​IMG]

3. Tux

Tux Member

Great product, too bad paypal makes it almost impossible to pay by credit card!

4. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I thought they offer an option to just use a card via their interface without having to have or open a PP account?
    Does look great, I'm going to give it a spin later on in the week when I get some time.

5. babylonwaves

babylonwaves New Member

PayPal allows to checkout without having an account by charging a credit card. If my credit card wouldn't work with PP, i'd call my bank and ask them why.

Marc

6. matthewcostello

matthewcostello New Member

Actually Paypal will allow you to use a credit card up to a certain amount over multiple purchases. Once you hit that ceiling, they require you to set up an account. I'm just the bearer of the news and don't work for Paypal. I found this out as a client of mine couldn't pay my invoice through paypal because they had hit the ceiling. Since it was a stat government agency, they were't going to sign up with PP.

But enough about that. Art Conductor looks awesome. I look forward to giving it a closer look.

7. cbk780

cbk780 New Member

This looks like a really useful tool. I was wondering if there were any plans to capture key switches so that you could play the articulations in real time and then have the drawing to edit.

8. babylonwaves

babylonwaves New Member

i personally was trying everything to avoid key switching because those get recorded as MIDI notes unless you start building workarounds in the environment as well. and notes appear in the score and change meaning when transposed. that's why for now there are controllers (UACC standard) to switch and maybe program changes in a future version. those can be easily filtered out.
    Marc