1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 weird artifacts in mix down when using arpeggiator

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by georgieF, May 8, 2009.

1. georgieF

georgieF New Member

for some reason, logic 8 has started acting very "buggy". when i print a mix of a project that has an arpeggiator instance, even if i use the real time bounce option, i hear some seemingly random artifacts upon playback, and not always in the same place. i made three different bounce downs and each time i heard an audio artifact during a different part of the song.the sound artifact seems to be in the voice of the synth i have the arpeggiator connected to. any idea why that might be happening?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Can you please give us some more details:

Computer Type (including amaount of RAM), OSX Version, Logic Version, which synth, which arpeggiator, Aduio Interface, Audio settings, including the Buffer I/O setting, and anything else you think might be relevant.

kind regards

Mark

4. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

I've heard lots of stuff from Logic's arps that I don't like much. But I like the arp functionality. My solution is to always record arps as MIDI - also in order to be able to apply quantization to the arp tracks and have them groove better.

5. georgieF

georgieF New Member

sure, i am using a mac pro 2x3 ghz quad core, 6 gb ram,leopard 10.5.6, logic 8, the software instrument is Mtron by G Force, i'm just using the arp from the environment window(i didn't know there was more than one option), i'm using an apogee rosetta 800 with an x symphony pci card, my buffer setting is at 64.
    btw, how do you record the arp tracks as MIDI? does that make Logic more stable?

6. georgieF

georgieF New Member

the weirdest thing is, i just did another bounce, and there are no audible artifacts. kind of freaky, i guess i have to listen super closely to all my bounces to make sure Logic didn't add anything unwanted into my mix.