Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Weird distortion on vocal track - help needed please

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by pete3006, Dec 3, 2009.

1. pete3006

pete3006 New Member

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post, but I am having some weird trouble on a vocal track I am recording.

I just played the track back, and from a certain part in the track, I get some really weird distortion / over modulation on the vocals.
    When I look at the automation data, then I can see the yellow volume line, but I can also see 2 dark green lines, and that is where the distortion comes from.

The only thing I can not find is as to where or which effect, that line comes from. It seems to have "popped" up from nowhere, as last night when I was mastering the whole song, it was not there!?

I know this is a bit vague, but any advice would be greatly appreciated
    I have also attached a screen shot of the problem to this message

Thanks in advance,

Peter

PS I use logic 9 on a macbook

Attached Files:

3. garethJones

garethJones Member

What plugins are you using on track? This automation is possibly controlling them

4. pete3006

pete3006 New Member

Hi thanks for the reply but the problem is solved.
    For some unknown reason I had automation on an EQ.

As they said on the other board; very late night mastering lol

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Possible unknown reason for automation: Using touch or latch mode for something else (volume?) and then forgetting to set automation mode back to read and then inadvertently tweaking plug in parameters - therefore generating unplanned for automation?

6. garethJones

garethJones Member

Yes you did :)