1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 What is "Hybrid Mor" and where did it go?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by sonnykeyes, Oct 6, 2009.

1. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I've been ignoring this for some time now, but since I upgraded from Logic 7 to LP8 I have a number of preset patches that won't load on either of my two rigs because Logic can't find something called "Hybrid Mor." I don't know what this is, but there are quite a few presets that seem to use it and I'm at a loss to understand why two complete installs from two sets of original disks should be missing anything at all. Can anyone shed light on this mystery? Thanks!
  3. Howie Roxx

Howie Roxx Member

Hey Sonnykeyes,

I have had the same missing file problem for a long time. I have just ignored it. I hope that someone out there knows Why? and Where did it go?

Perhaps one of the updates to LP8 over the last year or so, deleted it by accident. I too would like to have it back

Logic Pro 8
    Tiger OSX 4.11

MacBook Pro 17"
    Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.33 GHz
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
  4. Petrosil

Petrosil Member

I hope so:) What Logic is referring to are two (btw. great sounding) sample based synthesizers named Hybrid Morph and Hybrid Basic. This two were originally shipped with GarageBand, so you need to install the GarageBand content to make use of them. You can install the GB content from either an iLife DVD (at least iLife08) or from the Logic Studio install DVD. There's an option to install the GB content in the Logic Studio installer. Afaik this is disabled by default. Just start the Logic Studio installer and just enable the GB content (you don't need to reinstall all the other content and applications).
    As you may know you can substitute most of the GB sample players by the EXS24. But this does not work with the Hybrid Morph and Hybrid Basic instruments. And another hint: If you want to insert them in a Software Instrument slot (not using a channel strip setting) you'll find them in the GarageBand Instruments category.

5. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Thanks so much, Manfred! I'm looking forward to hearing all these patches for the first time...
  6. gregmax

gregmax New Member