1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 What is the black dot for in the KC list????

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by David51, Apr 4, 2009.

1. David51

David51 Senior member

Some of the most useful key commands[shortcuts] such as nudge up or down or right or left have a dot in the prefix, alt+arrow DOT nudge to left etc. what is the dot and how can I get these KC's working?

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

The dot indicates that it is available as a key command only. And not available from any of the local menus.

4. paulnajar

paulnajar Senior member

The dot denotes that the function is only available via a KC. You won't find those functions anywhere else in the program. You get them to work in same manner as assigning any KC. IMO the "black dot beauties" are major part of the real hidden power in Logic

5. David51

David51 Senior member

Key Commands

Thanks Eli and Paul, I understand now. It means also that I must loolk atall default KC's to find out what combinations are available for MIDI Learn-unless that is also in the manuals-I haven't seen a list of available KC's so I'll get to work trying to find some that are not in use already-I hope the Pro version has that list, the lite App,Logic Express doesn't list what's still available, possibly because there are so many available. Do the silicon Keyboard covers include these? or only the pre-defined default KC's?

6. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

There's a very simple way to find out if a key command is already used. Just open the Key Commands window and type the key or combo of keys.
    ** Make sure the search field is empty and the list of commands is selected (it will have a blue outline).

If your key combo is used, the list will display it. If nothing shows, the key combo is not yet in use. Try with simple single letters first - you'll see many of them are set to perform tasks already. Then try combos like [option][shift][letter] - most of them will not be in use.

You can also go to the top of the window and click on the menu to display [All] or [Used] or [Unused]

7. David51

David51 Senior member

KC's

Thanks Colin, I had not seen the option to show the "unused" KC's, sounds like just what I needed! Cheeeers, David