Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 what the differences between PRO and EXPRESS version?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by shekwansander, Jan 3, 2011.

1. shekwansander

shekwansander New Member

what the differences between PRO and EXPRESS version?

3. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

Just did a quick google and ran into this.

In a nutshell it says... :
    No Delay Designer
    No Space Designer
    No Surround
    No vintage instruments
    No support for Nodes
    No TDM support
    No Jam Packs
    No MainStage
    No WaveBurner
    No SoundTrack Pro
    No Compressor

4. Rain

Rain Member

Just adding this link, because the "no compressor" part had me scratching my head...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4229

I don't usually go for the light version of such applications, and I had assumed that Express wasn't even an option - until I read that comparison chart. Though I'll definitely be upgrading to the Pro version sometime in the future, I'm still very impressed to see how much stuff is included in Express.

5. shekwansander

shekwansander New Member

thanks for the information!

6. yabeweb

yabeweb New Member

Yeah even garage band has some sort of compressor.... i would consider Express as a GB on steroid....
    It all depends on your needs!

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

I think of it more like "Pro" on a diet... It really is a completely different app that GB.

8. Rain

Rain Member

My thought exactly. Actually, I'd say Pro is Express on steroids. :) In terms of core application, it basically boils down to 3 differences:

Surround sound mixing (up to 7.1).
    Distributed Audio Processing (allows sharing of processing power between networked computers)
    Support for TDM compatible Avid hardware (Mac OS X v10.5.x only).

Of course there's also a couple of plug-ins that aren't included, but the application itself is basically the same.

9. Rain

Rain Member

Incidentally, this isn't likely to happen, but considering that Express perfectly suits my needs as is (no need for the 3 aforementioned features), I really wish we could buy the additional stuff on an individual basis, as needed. As an example, the only thing I really would need from the Studio Bundle would be Waveburner. I'll never use Soundstage and the rest of that stuff.

Same w/ plug-ins and additional content. There's like 60% of that stuff I honestly have no use for.

That's one of the reasons I opted for Express in the first place.