Logic Pro 9 Where does iTunes store mp3 bounce from Logic 9?

LouCipher

Logician
Hi There - I've searched the Internet and forums and can't figure this out.
I used to bounce all the time from Logic 9 to iTunes. The mp3 would be named properly and stored in a folder of the artist name of the track.
However, for some reason now it stores the file as "output 1-2.mp3" in the bounce folder of the logic file folder and I don't know what caused this change??
I am using Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Logic Studio 9.1.8.

Any ideas?

Sure: you set that up in the bounce preferences when you bounce: select the mp3 setting in the bouce dialog, and look at your option there.

BTW YOU have to name the file when you bounce or it will always just red output 1-2

Upvote 0
Hi George, thanks for your reply! Now, for the past 3 years I always ID3 Settings and named the song and artist there and clicked the check box to add to iTunes library. This way, it always renamed the file to the song title and put it in a playlist called my Artist name and placed the song within iTunes in a folder matching the Artist name. However, it no longer does that for some reason and I don't know why? It keeps the title as Output 1-2.mp3 AND keeps it in the Bounce folder of the logic file folder. This is unusual behaviour to me as it always moved it to iTunes properly for me for the past 3 years...?? Any ideas...? Is it a setting in iTunes or something perhaps like "Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to Library"...? Actually just tried that now and did not seem to work...

Upvote 0
You have to select the MP3 box to see the preferences. There are 4 tabs with checkboxes in the bounce dialog. Select each one to see the bounce specific dialogs for that type of bounce. THAT is where they are. IF you don't select the type (MP3 in this case) you won't see the preferences.

Upvote 0
Sounds like there's more to this than operator error; if Lou didn't have the MP3 option checked, he wouldn't be getting a file called "Output 1-2.mp3" would he? Lou, can you pinpoint when the change started? Was it when you updated your system to Mountain Lion?

Upvote 0
Logic has always asked for the user to name the bounce file as long as I can remember. And Mountain Lion can really mess things up since the user library folder is now hidden and that's where Logic's prefs and a number of templates are stored (as well as used sounds, etc). I wonder if this has anything to do with it as well.

What version OS did you update from?

Upvote 0
Hi Sonny, yes thank you. I have been using Logic Pro since 2009 and recorded around 100+ tracks already. I'm no expert or anything and still learning. And yes I have checked the MP3 box. So, I had Snow Leopard before and upgraded to Mountain Lion November after getting an iPhone 5. I had a lot of fears about the bugs. Logic Pro is up to date and a legit copy. I first got Logic Pro 8 with the manuals then got the upgrade to version 9 the day it came out. Looking at the file dates of bounces I did to iTunes, it seems to have started BEFORE Mountain Lion so I guess that's not it. I downloaded ML December 13, 2012. I am unsure when I downloaded the latest update to Logic though- can't seem to figure out that date. In iTunes, I have "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" unchecked and maybe that is the change I made although not certain. I think it was moving all my songs to one folder so I unchecked it. Do you guys have that checked...? Again, I never had to name my file and iTunes always renamed it to the Song Title I put in the iTunes ID3 settings in Logic under the Bounce options.

Upvote 0
I also have "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" checked, so I did a test, Bouncing two songs and checking "Add to iTunes library" as you did, one with that checked and one with it unchecked. Both songs showed up in iTunes with correct ID3 tag info even though during export Logic reported that the files were called Output 1-2.mp3, which they show up in the Bounces folder as. AFAIK the only difference is that I'm still on 10.6.8, but who knows, that could also be unrelated...

Upvote 0
Back