Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Where in Original File Is Region From?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Nityananda_SCSMath, May 20, 2009.

1. Nityananda_SCSMath

Nityananda_SCSMath New Member

I want to be able to take a region that I have in logic and edit that audio in the standalone version of Izotope RX. I don't want to export the region as an audio file and work on it that way, I want to find out at what time the region takes place in the original audio file. Then I quit Logic, open the original file, and go to that time (ex. 5min48sec.) and I will edit the problem, and save the file. Then I will open Logic, let it rescan the audio file and update the region accordingly. This is done often with Soundtrack Pro, also. The problem is that I can't figure out what time in the audio file (which is about 2 hours long) the region takes place! When I open the region in Sample Editor in Logic, the timeline starts from the beggining of that region. So the time always says the region starts at 0sec, 0sample. How do I find out what time the region takes place in the audio file using Logic? Thanks in advance for your help, this drives me nuts!
  3. zerobeat

zerobeat Senior member

When you double-click on an audio region in the Arrange, the Sample Editor shows you RELATIVE time (where it is in the Arrange).

When you double-click on an audio region in the Audio Bin, the Sample Editor shows you ABSOLUTE time, irrespective of where it is in the Arrange. This is what you want.
  4. Nityananda_SCSMath

Nityananda_SCSMath New Member

Awesome. Thanks a lot for your help man.