1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 where to store files?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by skyclad, Nov 1, 2012.

1. skyclad

skyclad New Member

I'm just getting started with Logic. I've got a new computer and have added a 480 MB solid state drive. The SS drive is faster by a long shot. Where's the best place to store the instruments and effects plugins? What about the song files?

thanks,
    Sky

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I just left the Logic Pro samples and data on the SSD and put all other things on a second drive (in my laptops case, a second SSD).

One thing to consider: If you use a template with a number of sample components, you might want to locate them on your main SSD as well. That way your template loads VERY fast. I've done with for a client who uses a few Kontakt and custom EXS libraries in his template: they all live in the "shared" user folder.

So, I suppose the best answer is this: depends on how large your extra libraries are and how you use them will depend on placing them on your SSD or not.

4. skyclad

skyclad New Member

Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks,
    Sky

5. skyclad

skyclad New Member

One more question, is there any reason to partition that drive? Does that help once the drive starts to get full?

Sky