1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is 8kHz skipped in the equalizers?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by jaydude, Nov 25, 2014.

1. jaydude

jaydude New Member

I like to crank up 8kHz bit for vocals, but all Logic equalizers jump from 7900Hz to 8100Hz, even when entering the numbers manually.
    Is this a bug, or is 8kHz some sort of patented frequency (that would be freaky...).

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

That's weird. 3rd party eqs don't do this.
  4. jaydude

jaydude New Member

That's exactly what I found. A friend of mine uses the fabulous Abbey Road Brilliance Pack plug that is dedicated to 8kHz, and I tried to achieve some of that effect by using the built-in fx, but what a disappointment that 8kHz is blocked for some reason.
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Wow, that is odd! I never noticed this before!!
  6. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

If you use exactly 8K, you might disturb the fabric of the universe and destroy your project in the process, which is why 8K is left out.

Just kidding….why not send a bug report to Apple and see if 8K appears in the next update:

It's certainly rather odd. Thanks for the alert.
  7. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

There's a conspiracy under way! Put Waves RCompressor in a strip, and directly enter a ratio of 4.00. You get 3.99. I can't work under these conditions. I'm going into accounting.
  8. jaydude

jaydude New Member

Sent a message to Apple. Let's see if that works.