Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 will logic 9 load on 2 computers?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by ryguy76, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ryguy76

ryguy76 Member

I have an older imac (2.16Ghz core duo, 3Gb) running 10.4.9. If I were to update my OS, could I install my copy of Logic on the imac, even though it's already on my macbook?

Which then leads me to the OS. Can I use my backup disk from the macbook to update my imac, something tells me it's against apple policy?

I was originally was going to buy a current imac, but I might hold off and make do with this imac for the time being until I run into more $ as another child is on the way.

The downside of keeping it is, it only takes 3Gb of RAM, but I read the following:

"With 2 x 2Gb, 3GB RAM will be available to the OS, but Dual Channel access will be implemented for a 6% - 8% speed increase (iMac5,1, iMac6,1)"

a.) What does that mean?
    b.) Based on the above statement, $60 gets me another Gb... would buying it help with respect to recording purposes?

cheers,
    ryan

3. doofus

doofus Member

I believe the user agreement says that you are allowed to use a copy of Logic on two computers, one being a laptop, but not at the same time...or something like that.

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

One important thing to be aware of is that if the two computers are on a network, you won't be able to run Logic on both at the same time. The second copy simply cannot be launched while the network is active.

5. ryguy76

ryguy76 Member

I can't figure out why I'd need two computers running Logic at the same time, so that shouldn't be a hassle. Thanks for the heads up though.

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

That something is right, you may not do this.

regards

Mark

7. pkm

pkm Member

It won't work anyway. The gray disk that came with your computer is hardware-specific.