1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Will Rewire be available in 64-bit mode soon?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by posthorn, Jan 19, 2010.

1. posthorn

posthorn New Member

64-bit looks great, but most of my projects use rewire.

Is this incompatibility a problem Apple must wait on propellerheadz to solve?

Or might we see rewire available in 64-bit mode soon?

Thanks!

3. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

Yes. It is Propellerheads technology. It is up to them to udpate the Rewire technology to 64-bit. It would be illegal for anyone else to even attempt to reverse engineer Rewire.

Email Propellerheads, and tell them how important it is to you.

Right now, Logic is the only 64-bit DAW on the Mac, so I'll bet that Propheads don't feel 64-bit Rewire is very important. The only thing that will change their minds is a lot of emails from Logic customers who want to see a 64-bit update.

Orren

4. posthorn

posthorn New Member

5. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

There is a lot more that needs to be improved with ReWire than just 64 bit. The fact that any software instruments usage in a ReWire app goes to a single core is archaic in an era where virtually everyone has multi-processor machines.

6. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully, when they get around to updating Rewire, they'll improve both.

Orren

7. posthorn

posthorn New Member

Good point, Jay. So far I have not bumped up against that particular problem. It helps that I'm primarily using Kontakt, which seems to have a good way of allocating RAM for use by several processors (if I am understanding that function correctly).