Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

working on hidden tracks

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by peterlemer, Aug 15, 2014.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Is there a way to isolate hidden tracks so I can maintain them?
  3. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

You isolate them by hiding them. :cool:

Not sure what you mean by this…please explain further.
  4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I can hide chocolate by concealing it in a secret drawer. But whenever I want, I can open the drawer and inspect the chocolate for condition, whether I still want it, is it using too many elastic bands etc etc. In Logic, I can hide tracks but I can't open the drawer without opening the entire larder. IYSWIM :)
  5. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

As far as I know, when you've hit the Hide button, all tracks that are selected to be hidden are hidden, or revealed. There's no way to unhide only one track.

So, you'll have to open the larder door every time….

Maybe file a feature request about this?
  6. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I can unhide one track provided I first unhide all... but what I want to do is view ONLY all hidden tracks
  7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Not sure if this is worth the trouble for what you want, but you can create groups and use only the "Hide Track" checkbox to basically create groups based on their "hide" status.

Attached Files:

8. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

yes, that would work exactly as I want, good, but seems a bit fiddly. Will think on't, thanks

9. Eli

Eli Senior member

10. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Eli: amazing articles! Thanks - will definitely use :) -- and you don't look anything like Mr Allen!