Logic Pro 9 WWhat would you like in Going Pro With Logic Pro 9?

Jay Asher

Logician
I am about 2/3 done with my new book, as much of it only involved updating the tutorials for LP9.

However, I am doing a new tutorials on Vienna Ensemble Pro with LP9 and considering doing 1 on Plogue Bidule with LP9. Also, there are a number of tutorials in my first book that deal with workarounds for issues that have been resolved by new features in LP9.

So my question to you guys is, what would you like to have included that will not be in the excellent pro training books that will soon be coming out, as they deal with third party stuff or that is sketchy in the manual?

Jay,
How to hook up East West Symphonic Choirs & wordbuilder into Logic would be a boon for a lot of people I know.

I think their word builder app is a bit flaky at best but saying that, I have read on their site that they are planning on intergrating word builder into their new Play Pro engine.

Chug

Upvote 0
Jay,
How to hook up East West Symphonic Choirs & wordbuilder into Logic would be a boon for a lot of people I know.

I think their word builder app is a bit flaky at best but saying that, I have read on their site that they are planning on intergrating word builder into their new Play Pro engine.

Chug

I am leery because of the following:

1. I do not own it or know how to use it. I could ask them for an NFR, which they have generously done for me in the past, but then I have to learn how to use the f#$^&ng thing myself:)

2. As you say, I think this product is in a transitional state, so by the time the book would be released, the tutorial could be out of date.

3. I am not sure how many users there are of this library.

But if others also think this is a good idea, then I will perhaps gird my loins and tackle it.

Upvote 0
Yip I understand Jay,
it's just known to be quite a "pain" to hookup wordbuilder and I see questions on it quite a lot.

It took me a bit to figure it out. As I say to some folk... It's ok for a software developer to print how to hook something up but some of us see things slightly differently and so we need a simpler or different approach. Iguess that's what makes a good teacher.

Chug

Upvote 0
I am about 2/3 done with my new book, as much of it only involved updating the tutorials for LP9.

However, I am doing a new tutorials on Vienna Ensemble Pro with LP9 and considering doing 1 on Plogue Bidule with LP9. Also, there are a number of tutorials in my first book that deal with workarounds for issues that have been resolved by new features in LP9.

So my question to you guys is, what would you like to have included that will not be in the excellent pro training books that will soon be coming out, as they deal with third party stuff or that is sketchy in the manual?

Video manuals ;o)

Upvote 0
Yip I understand Jay,
it's just known to be quite a "pain" to hookup wordbuilder and I see questions on it quite a lot.

It took me a bit to figure it out. As I say to some folk... It's ok for a software developer to print how to hook something up but some of us see things slightly differently and so we need a simpler or different approach. Iguess that's what makes a good teacher.

Chug

Actually, as Orren pointed out to me, using Wordbuilder with the Choirs is not really a Logic issue as you integrate the Choirs the same way in Logic whether you use Wordbuilder or not, and I already have a tutorial on using EW Stormdrum 2 as a standalone.

Upvote 0
Thats a great idea Jay..but I must say I have the most problems w/PLAY..
ANd I would second the simpler install directions..
As far as using SW, well they make manuels for that, but I find install direction sometime vague, and lets face it, a proper install in the 1st place solves many of the problems we encounter down the road.

You have a tutorial on SD2? I have to upgrade mine and will be getting that soon, so Id like to see yours..where could I see that at? Id love a tutorial on how to properly install EW/PLAY libs and fine tune the settings between it and LP9 to make it run smooth..say secret PLAy tips n tricks that everyones heard about, but noone can find...actually Id love to see anything you have out there concerning any EW products. I use some of them on my G5, but since Ive been building the quad, I plan on using more of them...great sounding stuff..

Good luck w/your book, I look forward to seeing it, buying it, or simply lifting it from someone I know..
A.

Upvote 0
Actually, as Orren pointed out to me, using Wordbuilder with the Choirs is not really a Logic issue as you integrate the Choirs the same way in Logic whether you use Wordbuilder or not, and I already have a tutorial on using EW Stormdrum 2 as a standalone.[/QUOTE]

What I shoud have said then was that it'd be good for the Wordbuilder side of things.
I just know quite a lot of people have difficulty hooking/cabling Wordbuilder "into" logic.

Yes as Orren mentioned the choirs library is a cinch to use as it is just a standard "EW PLAY" library.

Chug

Upvote 0
Hi Jay,

The wordbuilder thing is not too hard actually. It takes an hour or so to figure it out, and there are some pretty good tutorials on their website.

I suggest Midi Over Lan,

A more detailed setup for using MOL and external computers, or even multi timbrel setup in Logic (like using Stylus with 8 channels I find that Logic has been a but buggy in my experience).

ANY of Logic 9s new functions would be helpful actually, since the documentation has been sketchy at best...

Any ideas on how to link the region select to the track (so when you select a region the entire track gets selected), subgrouping in Logic Pro, and what the track compensation modes actually mean..

I know I can think of a few more that I keep getting asked all the time from my clients,

George Leger III

Upvote 0
Hi Jay,

I'm with George. We (the Logic community in general) need more info about using MIDI over Lan, and networking with other computers in general. It would be nice to cover (if you don't already) the functionality of the AUNetReceive plugin and how to use it optimally.

Upvote 0
I think Vienna Ensemble Pro and Audio Impressions Audio Port are pretty much making MIDI over Lan obsolete. Which is a good thing, because frankly, I am not sure I want an important part of my workflow dependent on 1 Russian guy, who tends to be a little, err..., erratic.

Ax for new LP9 features, I am kind of waiting to see/hear what gets included in the new Apple Pro Training series and what does not.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Upvote 0
Jay, if you are still reading there are a few area's that I would be interested in learning more about.

- environment
- the transformer
- soundtrack pro

Thanks & I look forward to the new book.
Larry

Upvote 0
Back