Logic Pro (X) X Sure Crashes a lot.

OldMacTech

Logician
Had a session open for a couple of hours yesterday and left Logic X open on the desktop with no file active. I went to open an existing project and got a message that said something to the affect "Logic Pro X is not found on this computer or is corrupted" and "you will need to download it again from the Apple Store" something like that. Tried it again, same message. This is a 100% legit, paid for App.

Re-booted the computer -i5 Mini, 8GB RAM, 750GBHD-decent specs for Logic.

Luckily the re-boot was successful but over the last 24hrs, I have had freezes and the "spinning beach ball of death" several times and have had to re-boot. Luckily, the emergency file copy works (mostly) but something is amiss-could be my hardware I suppose?

I ran the disk repair stuff and today, no crashes so may the HD is acting up.

Just wondering if anyone else is having crashes?

JB

Logic Pro X, while buggy, isn't too crash prone, at least since the 10.0.1 update. I don't think many users are experiencing regular crashes, or you'd see a lot of posts to that affect. Could be hard drive (you do have 10 - 20 % free space, don't you?), could be you need to re-install Logic.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply

Yes, plenty of HD headroom-
After running disk repair, crashed again shortly after.

I guess I will try the download again strategy.

Jb

Upvote 0
Is it possible your drive is spinning down? Check your Energy Saver settings in the System Preferences.

Attachments

• Energy Save.jpg
    Energy Save.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
What you describe sounds like system drive issues.

Backup your system drive, then attempt to repair your system drive, with the Disk Utility.

:thmbup:

Upvote 0
Thanks, did that already - and turned off Time Machine, and unchecked the HD to sleep preference- combined, seems to have helped- fingers crossed.

Thnx.
Jb

Upvote 0
Back